Download and Print
DO NOT CHEAT THE HEALING OF YOUR NEW TATTOO!
- Leave your bandage on for at least 6 - 12 hours.
- Before removing your bandage, and before washing or touching your new tattoo, wash your hands thoroughly.
- Wash your tattoo with your fingertips and warm water with an unscented soap that contains no creams, dyes, or fragrances. (We recommend Dove Unscented Soap) Wash your tattoo immediately upon removing your bandage and 2 - 4 times a day thereafter. When washing your tattoo it is important to remove the clear, sticky fluid that builds up on the surface. Washing away this build up will ensure that your tattoo does not scab too thickly, which is imperative to good healing.
- After washing, gently pat your tattoo dry with a CLEAN towel.
- After patting dry, allow your tattoo to air dry for a few minutes, then gently massage A&D ointment (supplied by your tattooist) into your tattoo.
You only need a small amount! Excess ointment causes irritation!
Just enough to make your tattoo glisten. If you are allergic to wool, you are most likely allergic to lanolin, one of the ingredients in A&D. If so, do not use A&D, use unscented lotion instead.
- During the first few days, a thin, scab-like layer will appear over your tattoo. After this layer dries, it will come off, usually after about 7 days. When this happens, switch from the A&D to an unscented lotion such as Lubriderm Unscented or Baby Aveeno Unscented. Apply lotion 5 - 7 times a day until your tattoo is completely healed.
Please avoid the following during your healing time:
- Soaking your tattoo, including pools and hot tubs.
(Quick showers are ok)
- Exposure to the sun or tanning beds.
- Picking or scratching. If it itches. Gently slap.
IT'S THERE FOR LIFE!!!
Any questions feel free to call us at the shop